Important! Holwell Neighbourhood Plan Draft Review Open Meetings.
The open Meetings will be held at the Village Hall on the following dates so you can review the draft documents and offer any feedback.
- The first meeting is on Thursday 29th March 9:00 pm
- The second meeting is on Saturday 31st March 12:00 pm
- The Third meeting on Thursday 5th April 8:00 pm.
Welcome to information about the Neighbourhood Plan for Holwell village
Holwell Parish Council wish to maintain Holwell Parish as a thriving rural community and to ensure its long term future by working towards meeting the needs of those who wish to live and work in this community.
A Neighbourhood Plan gives local people a genuine opportunity to be part of a community that will guide the future development, regeneration and conservation of their area by preparing a plan under the control and guidance of Holwell Parish Council.
It is a plan that the community of Holwell Parish produce and vote on that will give residents the opportunity to influence the future of the area through having a say into future development, regeneration and conservation. If it is adopted, then it becomes part of the Planning Policy for our parish.
The Parish Council set up a working group in 2013 who undertook some initial work on the Plan. However, this plan must be one that the community of Holwell produce and vote on, giving residents the opportunity to influence the future of the area. It can cover a broad agenda or just focus on a few key issues that concern the population of Holwell.
- To meet diverse local housing needs taking into account changing demographics and social requirements.
- To keep housing development to an agreed scale, of good quality and design, making use of materials that are appropriate, sustainable and complementary to neighbouring properties.
- To support existing business, encourage new enterprises and facilities which will enhance commercial effectiveness and employment opportunities.
- To preserve the long-term future of the area by retaining and, if possible, enhancing local services, infrastructure and facilities, promoting a safe and healthy community.
- To protect and enhance the natural, agricultural and built environment of the Parish including its landscape, built heritage, archaeological sites and wildlife habitats.
- To reduce vulnerability to the impact of severe weather i.e. flooding, etc
In terms of timescales, our project plan is as follows:
- Consultation on the pre-submission draft plan early in the new year.
- Finalise the plan and evidence for submission by the summer.
- Examination in the autumn, followed by the referendum and (hopefully) adoption.
Further consultation this Autumn on outstanding issues such as the future for the village hall and design guidance, and feedback on the results so far and possible sites / policies to take forward.