The Holwell Neighbourhood Plan Has Been Approved
Holwell Parish Council are pleased to confirm that at a meeting of the Full Council (26th February 2019), West Dorset District Council has taken the decision to make the Holwell Neighbourhood Plan (as modified in accordance with the Examiner’s recommendations) part of the development plan for the Holwell neighbourhood area.
As previously confirmed, the Holwell Neighbourhood Plan along with the Adopted West Dorset, Weymouth & Portland Joint Local Plan 2015 is being used by planning officers as the principle documents in which to make their decisions on planning applications in the Holwell area.
Members of the full council had passed on their congratulations to the members of the Holwell Neighbourhood Plan steering group for their hard work. Many of the members are involved in their own communities Neighbourhood Plan and are aware of the challenges involved.
The Holwell Neighbourhood Plan referendum was held on Thursday 7 February 2019. From an electorate of 302 there was a turnout of 133 (44.04%).
The result; votes in favour 109 (81.95%) and votes against 24 (18.05%).
The plan will now proceed to Full Council on 26 February 2019 where a decision will be made on making the Holwell Neighbourhood Plan part of the development plan for the Holwell parish area.
Holwell Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement
The final examiners report into the Holwell Neighbourhood Plan has been received and a decision has been made to enable the plan as modified to proceed to referendum. As set out in the decision statement attached, West Dorset District Council considered the recommendations contained in the examiner’s report and agreed that the plan could proceed to referendum. The referendum will now be held on Thursday 7 February 2019 and will be held over the Holwell parish area.
- Decision Statement
- Referendum Letter
- Referendum Guide for Ward Members, Parish Councillors, Campaigners and Council Employees
Strategic Policy (West Dorset, Weymouth and Portland)
The Holwell Neighbourhood Plan is available to read together with the supporting documents which are as follows:
- The Holwell Neighbourhood Plan
- Basic Conditions Statement and Map of the Plan
- Holwell Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Summary
- Strategic Environment Assessment (SEA) Screening Report 2017
- Consultation Statement and Appendices
- Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) Screening 2018
- Site Selection and Selection Process
- Potential Housing Growth
- Facts and Figures 2018
- Appendix 7 Policies Map – The Borough
- Appendix 8 Ecological Assessments of Selected Sites
- Appendix 9 Dorset Explorer map of Footpaths, Bridleways and Rights of Way for Holwell Annotated
- Appendix 10 Dorset County Council Details of Footpaths Bridleways and Rights of Way
- Appendix 11 Dorset Explorer Map of Flood Areas in the Holwell Parish
- Appendix 12 Additional Information Regarding Listed Buildings
- Appendix 13 Locally Important Buildings and Structure