REVIEW OF CURRENT HOLWELL NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN – DECEMBER 2020
The revised Holwell Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents has been reviewed by Holwell Parish Council at a meeting on 25th February 2021 and it was agreed we would submit the revised version to the Planning officers at Dorset Council. You can find these documents below.
WHY ARE WE REVIEWING THE PLAN?
The current council, Dorset Council, stated in March 2020 that they still do not have provision of land to cover 5 years’ housing need therefore, where a Neighbourhood Plan is more than 2 years old, planners will no longer give weight to it when they make planning decisions.
The Parish Council decided to review the current plan to ensure that is updated and therefore less than 2 years old and so the wishes of residents of Holwell will be taken into account when planning decisions are made regarding the parish of Holwell.
If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Holwell Parish Council wishes to maintain Holwell Parish as a thriving rural community and to ensure its long-term future by working towards meeting the needs of those who wish to live and work in this community. A Neighbourhood Plan gives local people a genuine opportunity to be part of a community that will guide the future development, regeneration and conservation of their area by preparing a plan under the control and guidance of Holwell Parish Council.
It is a plan that the community of Holwell Parish produce and vote on that will give residents the opportunity to influence the future of the area through having a say into future development, regeneration and conservation. If it is adopted, then it becomes part of the Planning Policy for our parish.
The Parish Council set up a working group in 2013 who undertook some initial work on the Plan. However, this plan must be one that the community of Holwell produce and vote on, giving residents the opportunity to influence the future of the area. It can cover a broad agenda or just focus on a few key issues that concern the population of Holwell.
To maintain Holwell Parish as a thriving rural community and to ensure its long-term future by working towards meeting the needs of those who wish to live and work in this community
- To meet diverse local housing needs taking into account changing demographics and social requirements.
- To keep housing development to an agreed scale, of good quality and design, making use of materials that are appropriate, sustainable and complementary to neighbouring properties.
- To support existing business, encourage new enterprises and facilities which will enhance commercial effectiveness and employment opportunities.
- To preserve the long-term future of the area by retaining and, if possible, enhancing local services, infrastructure and facilities, promoting a safe and healthy community.
- To protect and enhance the natural, agricultural and built environment of the Parish including its landscape, built heritage, archaeological sites and wildlife habitats.
- To reduce vulnerability to the impact of severe weather i.e. flooding, etc.